Fine Art Up North is an annual calendar published by SLC Arts showcasing the work of North Country artists. Artists are invited to submit up to three images for consideration by a panel of jurors for inclusion in the calendar; a maximum of one image per artist will be published in the calendar. Submissions may include high quality images of 3-dimensional artwork. Artists must be current SLC Arts members or join at the time of submission (purchase a basic membership here).
Our local customers frequently purchase our calendar to give as gifts to relatives and friends who live outside the North Country region. For this reason, when selecting landscapes and other scenes depicting outdoor life, we will give preference to images which evoke the spirit of life in this region.
- SLC Arts membership (purchase a basic membership here)
- Up to Three (3) Digital Images:
- The calendar is horizontal, 8.5 inches tall by 11 inches wide. Artwork should have the same proportions or be cropped to the same proportions (for example, 17” X 22”).
- These images are your submission, they are not a preview. Images must be at least 350 pixels per inch at 11.5 inches wide; No images will be accepted which: include background which detracts from the artwork; include glare or shine from glass; are fuzzy or blurry; are vertically oriented; are crooked/angled views of two-dimensional work; do not meet the minimum resolution.
- Submissions may include high-quality images of 3-dimensional artwork which meet all the same criteria.
The UPS Store in Potsdam offers paid assistance scanning your artwork or preparing your digital images for submission. Contact them at 315-265-4565 or <email@example.com>.