SLC Arts Call For Artwork: “Action in the Kitchen (My Favorite Holiday Dish)” Exhibition
SLC Arts invites artists to submit artwork for their 2024 Town Hall exhibit, "Action in the Kitchen (My Favorite Holiday Dish)!" Embrace the chaos and creativity that comes with holiday cooking! We are asking for submissions of any 2D medium relating to themes including but not limited to holiday cooking; favorite dishes, recipes, traditions in the kitchen. The submission deadline is Saturday, December 7th, 11:59 pm. Please submit online through https://slcartscouncil.org/exhibits/
This exhibit is curated by Sharon H.J. Cheng, an artist working with SLC Arts through the Creatives Rebuild New York grant program. Sharon has put together a series of Town Hall exhibits with the intention of offering a more accessible exhibit series for our creative community.
Artwork may be created using any 2D medium. Framing, matting, etc is not required as SLC Arts plans to handle installation as a way to make this exhibit more accessible to the community. If artists would like to submit pieces that are framed, etc, please closely follow these size guidelines: Photos should be printed to 5 x 7”; Unframed paper and other 2D media should be no larger than 8 x 10”; Frames, canvas, or other non-paper surfaces should be no larger than 20 x 24” and must be fit with hanging hardware. There is no jury fee required for this exhibit.
The opening reception for this exhibit will be held on Thursday, December 19th at 5pm at the Potsdam Town Hall. Attendance is not mandatory but strongly encouraged. Artists will be given the opportunity to discuss their work. If you have any questions regarding this exhibit, please contact Kat Dinneen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLC Arts manages all sales, collects sales tax and shipping fees (if applicable), and covers credit card fees. The artist will receive a commission of 70% of the sale price.
- Each entrant may submit 1-5 works to be juried. Accepted works must be brought to SLC Arts by Monday, December 16, 2023.
- Artwork submitted may have been created at any time; there is no restriction on date of creation.
- Photographs should be printed to 5 x 7”; Unframed paper and other 2D media should be no larger than 8 x 10”; Frames, canvas, or other non-paper surfaces should be no larger than 20 x 24” and must be fit with hanging hardware.
- Artists must include Title of Work, Year of Work, Artists' Name, Medium, and Total Sale Price (that the customer will pay).
- Artists strongly urged to have their work for sale - listed price should include 70% for the artist and 30% commission for SLC Arts.
- Artists who do not wish to sell their work must still provide an estimate of value for insurance purposes.