SLC Arts Call for Artists - 2023 Solo Exhibition Opportunity
Ogdensburg International Airport
SLC Arts is accepting submissions for their second series of solo exhibition shows held at the Ogdensburg International Airport in 2024. Each show will feature an individual artist and will provide the opportunity to exhibit their work in the North Country. The deadline for submission is Sunday, October 22, 2023.
Through a juried process, artists will be selected for up to one of the six available solo exhibitions throughout 2024. Accepted artists will have their work on display for two months in a seated waiting area inside the airport. Artists may submit for multiple show dates, but selection is limited to one show per artist.
There is a jury fee of $30. All sales will be handled by the artist with no commission to SLC Arts. Artists will be asked to provide their own installation materials and labels, and will be responsible for installing and taking down their artwork within the dates provided by SLC Arts.
Solo Show Dates
- 1st Solo- Monday, January 8, 2024- Friday, March 8, 2024
- 2nd Solo- Monday, March 18, 2024 - Friday, May 3, 2024
- 3rd Solo- Monday, May 13, 2024 - Friday, July 5, 2024
- 4th Solo- Monday, July 15, 2024 - Friday, September 6, 2024
- 5th Solo- Monday, September 16, 2024 - Friday, November 8, 2024
- 6th Solo- Monday, November 18, 2024 - Friday, January 10, 2025
Measurements of the Gallery Area
- Distance from floor to ceiling: 10’
- Length of railing for hanging artwork from: 15.5’
- Distance from railing to floor: 91”
- Distance from railing to top of benching: 6’2”
- Artists must be a resident of St. Lawrence County
- Artists have sole discretion in choosing final work to exhibit
- Work of any medium or theme can be exhibited
- Artwork must be original work created by the artist
- Artists must not have had a solo exhibition through SLC Arts within the last 12 months
- Artists must provide installation hardware, wire, fishing line, specialty mounts, or any materials required to hang artwork from the gallery railing
- Artists must provide all work suitably presented and ready to install
- Artists are responsible for installing work during the timeframe provided by SLC Arts in coordination with the Airport. SLC Arts may offer assistance with installation if notified and coordinated in advance
- Artists are responsible for handling any sales of artwork in their solo show
- Artists will have sole use of the gallery space for the assigned solo show
Submissions will remain open until each show has been filled. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.